Monday, April 03, 2006

A Great Day

Today was a great day. It started with a productive early morning reading some articles and preparing for Staff Meeting. I love Staff Meetings. It's great to get to hang out with guys you enjoy and talking about the thing you love to do. A meeting followed which was painless, then more talking with folks at our facility... and then the fun begins.

From there I went to the HEB to stock up for dinner. Tonight we had our staff over (except Kaysa and her fam who are out of town) for a celebration. That's right the Astros Opening Day is an event worthy of much celebrating. We're not talking about mass produced spaghetti for dinner either - that's right. It was the breaking out of the grill for the first time this season. Steak, potatoes, salad, bread, and banana splits. I told you it was a celebration.

Unfortunately this is the first time we've all been able to be together like this in a long time, but fortunately it was great. It was great to be surrounded by folks we've been called to do life with. It was great to hold babies, to catch up, to laugh, to argue, to break bread together, to embrace the reality that God has handed to us. I know my friends don't enjoy baseball as much as I do, but they came knowing that it was a celebration special to me. I was honored to have them here. Could Acts 2 be this simple? Loving, laughing, eating, deepening friendships, sharing life, and Jesus being the glue that brings it all together - man, that's good.

I was excited about baseball, basketball and a new episode of 24. But it ended up being much more ... sharing life, investing in each other, growing together. The best part ... tomorrow we do it all again with our Overflow Group. Food, friends, Bible, prayer, and who knows what else. May the sharing of life continue, and I hope that if we haven't been able to share it with you for a while that it would happen soon.

You know what else (one last thing)? It's fun going to the store, working hard to prepare a good meal, and serving it to your friends. I highly recommend it and a reading of Acts 2.

Did I mention the Astros won? Did I mention that this day is made greater by the fact that when everyone leaves, I'm left at home with a beautiful, wonderful wife who allows me to plan random celebrations for seemingly trivial things even when she doesn't feel that great and an energetic three year old who was quick to remind me that opening day wasn't all about me when he began asking, "now can we play trains... daddy, let's build a biiiiiiigg track". Life is precious and we should celebrate it more often.

God Bless and have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Thanks baby!!! It was fun!!! The banana splits were the best :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

I'm listening to a song that reminds me of you at work--just wanted you to know :) Love ya!!!!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Holly Bollinger Photography & Design said...

Okay so that last one sufficed---good job!!!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home